Members' Code of Conduct
Hartlepool Triathletes is committed to making triathlon and Multisport accessible to everyone regardless of age, gender or athletic ability. Our aim is to provide coached group training sessions in a supportive, friendly and safe environment, to support members reach their potential and moreover for every member to enjoy the sport. As a member of Hartlepool Triathletes you are expected to abide by the following Members’ Code of Conduct:
• Offer support, encouragement and a welcoming atmosphere. Support all members with training, participation and competition.
• Respect all participants regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, cultural background, religion, political persuasion or athletic ability.
• Show respect and consideration for the safety and welfare of others.
• Support and encourage good sporting practice by abiding by rules and respecting coaches, referees or official’s decisions.
• Communicate openly and freely with club coaches and committee members.
HARTLEPOOL TRIATHLETES are committed to providing our members with high quality, safe training sessions. All our volunteer coaches are Triathlon England qualified and our training sessions are open to all members and abilities. We are passionate about our sport and it is important we project a positive image of the club to the general public.
By joining the club you agree to:
- Not bring the club into disrepute. To exhibit a lawful, honest and civil course of conduct when training or representing the club.
- Respect all members and to use the club Facebook account in a manner which respects all members.
- Abide by Triathlon England rules and the club Code of Conduct.
- Report to a coach any known medical conditions that may affect your ability to participate in any club activity.
- Avoid any actions that may endanger other club members and to make a coach aware of any actions that might be endangering another club member.
- Be courteous at all times to pedestrians and other road and path users.
- Obey the Highway Code and respect the rules of the public highways and footpaths.
- Abide by the clubs group cycling rules.
- Obey all rules of any event you are competing in; and
- Behave in a sportsman like way to other competitors, and accept the decisions of race officials and referees.
- To provide the club with all emergency contact and appropriate medical details.
- Ensure club fees are paid when required.
- Members not paying for the club swim session by S/O are responsible for making payment on attendance.
- Members are responsible for their own personal insurance. HARTLEPOOL TRIATHLETES are not liable for any club member; all members taking part in training and racing do so at their own risk.
Private Facebook Group
- By using the group, you agree that you will not post, publish or submit any work of the following material:
- Material that infringes the copyright of another person (plagiarism, or passing off other peoples material as your own) or copyright material not referenced or acknowledged.
- Unauthorized posting of personal information (names, address, phone number, email etc.) of other users.
- Material that contains vulgar, obscene or indecent language or images (our group has junior members).
- Material which defames, abuses or threatens others.
- Statements that are bigoted, hateful or racially offensive.
- Material that advocates illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
- No Flaming; there is a difference between voicing a legitimate concern or grievance and simply badmouthing or some other form of written abuse of someone or some service. These will be deleted upon discovery.
- Posts or other material which is deemed inappropriate by the site administrators or committee will be deleted upon discovery. Users who violate the Terms of Service may lose their account permanently.
- Account suspensions are at the sole discretion of the committee.
- All users are required to provide a valid email address where they can be contacted at any time
- You cannot be a member of the Hartlepool Triathletes group without being a member of the club.
- You are allowed to sell things within the group that are of interest to group members I.e. Cycling equipment, Garmin watches etc.
- You are not allowed to use the group as a promotion of your or a family/ friends business, any promotions from a third party will be agreed and posted by a committee member only.
- You are allowed to promote activities within the group provided they are relevant to the group members. E.g. sportives, charity events etc..
- There is no requirement for members of the group to be Facebook friends outside of the group, but no members should be blocked or obstructed from seeing posts within the group.
- Offensive behaviour or posts may result in disciplinary action including the possible removal from the group.
- HARTLEPOOL TRIATHLETES reserve the right to suspend or terminate the membership to the club or any member who violates these rules.